- Students are expected to be present on the exam date set by the teacher. When absent from a final examination for health reasons, students are required to provide a medical certificate.
- Exam results are expressed as a pass or fail. Copies of the exams or related material will not be shown or given to students after an exam has been administered.
- All final evaluations are preceded by a pre-evaluation. If a student fails a pre-evaluation, further review may be required before the student can take the final exam.
- When projects/assignments are being used for certification, they must be handed in on the due date provided by the instructor.
- Students cannot be given their exam back for review but they are entitled to written feedback before they attempt a re-write.
Note: A pre-evaluation can come in many forms, such as a pre-test, class discussion, practice exercises, etc.
Those who are unsuccessful in the final evaluation must take a rewrite. Every effort will be made to complete the rewrite within 15 consecutive school days following the date of the original evaluation. The teacher and student are responsible for agreeing on a date to take the re-write exam. The 15 days will be used to review and complete assignments. There will be one rewrite allowed.
The exam and rewrite sequence is as follows:
If a student fails an exam rewrite, they may be removed from the program at the discretion of the Principal.